Top 10 Clothing Brands in India 2023
Looking to update your wardrobe but want to know about the best fashion brands available in the country right now? Well, you have landed at the right place, here we will be talking about the top 10 clothing brands in India.
There was a time when clothes were the basic need of humans to just cover their bodies. In the present modern era, people dress up to mark their fashion statements, and brands play a significant role here. They become the prominent symbols of a person’s socioeconomic status. While there are numerous brands catering to the apparel needs of people, only a handful of brands became popular across the nation. Below we have listed the top 10 clothing brands in India renowned for sustaining fiber quality and fashionable designs.
List of Top 10 Clothing Brands in India 2023
- CEO: Viney Singh (1 Aug 2016–)
- Headquarters: New Delhi, India
- Founded: 1960
- Founder: John Bissell
- Type of business: Private/community owned
- Subsidiary: Rang Bandhej Pvt. Ltd.
Established in the year 1975 by John Bissel, FabIndia has become a renowned name in the apparel industry. Initially, the company used to purchase textiles and goods from the local artisans and export them to other nations. In 1976, it set up its first retail stores which latest expanded worldwide to over 180 stores. At present, it brings an extensive range of unique designs and clothes in diverse traditional crafts of India. In addition, the company also brings soft furnishings, bed covers, and rugs under its brand name.
- Founded: 1998
- Type of business: Privately held company
- Headquarters: Mumbai, India
- Number of locations: 1,400 outlets, 120 stores
Another name among the top 10 clothing brands in India, Mufti is a Mumbai-based clothing brand for men. It was started in 1988 with the goal to bring distinctive clothing to the Indian audience. It also caters to a wide range of dress materials including shorts, t-shirts, joggers, outerwear, blazers, and more.
3. Monte Carlo
- Headquarters: India
- Founded: 1984
- Founders: Jawahar Lal Oswal
- Number of locations: 1,500 stores
Monte Caro has been catering to the ever-increasing demands of the clothing and fashion industries since 1984. The Nahar group’s flagship company, Monte Carlo has been counted among the top 10 clothing brands in India for pushing the boundaries of high fashion. It specialized in woolen knitted clothes, besides offering T-Shirts, Linen Shirts, Denim, Dresses, Trousers, Shorts, Tunics, and much more.
4. Pepe Jeans
- Parent organization: M1 Group
- CEO: Marcella Wartenbergh (2 Sept 2019–)
- Founded: 1973, London, United Kingdom
- Founders: Nitin Shah, Milan Shah, Arun Shah
- Customer service: 00 44 20 3321 5476
- Headquarters: Municipality of Sant Feliu de Llobregat, Spain
- Subsidiaries: Pepe Jeans India Limited, Pepe Jeans Europe B.V.
Pepe Jeans is a denim and casual wear jeans brand founded in the year 1973. The product range offered by the company includes regular fit shirts, T-shirts, polo shirts, capris, etc. Pepe Jeans is one of the top 10 clothing brands in India which has been able to build a world-class reputation because of its high-quality clothing product.
- Industry – Fashion
- Founded – 1988
- Founder – Meena Bindra
- Headquarters – New Delhi, India
- Revenue – INR 764 crore (US$96 million) (FY2020)
- Operating income – INR 18 crore (US$2.3 million) (FY2020)
Another name on the list, Biba was started in 1988 by Meena Bindra. Counted among the top 10 clothing brands in India, Biba has grown from a home-based clothing brand to multiple outlets across the nation in just a few years. With over 150 standalone outlets and 225 multi-brand stores in India, Biba is a preferred brand choice for stylish, contemporary ethical wear available at the most affordable prices.
6. Louis Philippe
- Owner: Madura hadd Fashion & Lifestyle
- Ambassador(s): Robert Pattinson
- Tagline: The Upper Crest
- Introduced: 1989
- Produced by: Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail
- Parent company: Aditya Birla Group
The trendy clothing brand founded by the Aditya Birla Group; Louis Phillippe was founded in the year 1989. Today, it is counted among the top 10 clothing brands in India with over 2700 stores across India and worldwide. Louis is at the pinnacle of refinement that presents amazing designs and quality fabrics in menswear, classic and contemporary range.
7. Allen Solly
Allen Solly is one of the top 10 clothing brands in India, widely renowned for its comfortable and casual clothing. The brand brings a huge section for men’s and women’s formal wear ranging from overcoats, jackets, denim, tunics, trousers, tunics, etc. At present, the brand has over 207 stores nationwide with a digital presence to ensure that its customer’s needs are well taken care of.
W, the brand name known for successfully translating the western designs and cuts into Indian clothing. It is counted among the top 10 clothing brands in India, offering a stylish range of top wear, bottom wear, dupattas, and drape. At present, the brand holds more than 400+ exclusive stores in India and worldwide.
9. Park Avenue
The next on our list of top 10 clothing brands in India, Park Avenue is mainly focused on the product range of Trousers, Jackets, winter wear, etc. The brand is especially focused on bringing exclusive collection offerings with high-quality customer service. Present, it holds a vast distribution network with more than 600 The Raymond Shops and 50 Exclusive Brand Stores.
- Founder: C.C. Hudson
- President: Tom Waldron
- Founded: 1904
- Headquarters: Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
The American manufacturer of jeans and other clothing items, Wrangler was established in 1947. The brand is known for bringing high-quality clothing to men specifically. The unique factor about this brand is that it provides a one-year warranty for every product. Since its inception, the company has been focused on bringing the optimum range of jeans, jackets, and shirts for cowboys and this is what makes it one of the top 10 clothing brands in India.
01. Which are the top 10 Clothing Brands in India 2023?
The top 10 Clothing Brands in India 2023 are as follows: –
- FabIndia – Top Clothing Brands in India 2023
- Mufti – Top Clothing Brands in India 2023
- Monte Carlo Fashions Limited – Top Clothing Brands in India 2023
- Pepe Jeans – Top Clothing Brands in India 2023
- Biba – Top Clothing Brands in India 2023
- Louis Philippe – Top Clothing Brands in India 2023
- Allen Solly – Top Clothing Brands in India 2023
- W – Top Clothing Brands in India 2023
- Park Avenue – Top Clothing Brands in India 2023
- Wrangler – Top Clothing Brands in India 2023
02. Who are the top 10 Fashion Designers in India?
The top 10 Fashion Designers in India are as follows: –
- Sabyasachi Mukherjee
- Rohit Bal
- Manish Malhotra
- Ritu Kumar
- Tarun Tahiliani
- Masaba Gupta
- JJ Valaya
- Bibhu Mohapatra
- Anamika Khanna
- Neeta Lulla
03. Which are the top 10 top Fashion Brands in the World?
The Top Fashion Brands in the World are as follows: –
- Saint Laurent
04. Which are best online shopping Apps in India 2023?
Best online shopping Apps in India 2023 are as follows: –
- Amazon Shopping App
- Meesho Shopping App
- Myntra Online Shopping App
- Paytm Mall
- AliExpress App
- Snapdeal Shopping App
- nykaa shopping App
- Bigbasket App